Thursday, June 30, 2011
Great news! The SECRET SUMMER TUTU GIVEAWAY deadline is exteded through July 5th! That means more time to enter- and be sure to spread the word...
And now for the SECRET TUTU PRIZE:
One you-design-it tutu! Any size up to girls 8 years for this contest, and up to 12" long. Includes shipping within the main US. Totally your design, any colors, your very own creation. Of course if you are the winner you will have the job of deciding what it will look like...
Thanks to all who have entered the contest so far, and the winner will be announced Tuesday, July 5th. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
With the amazing and constant info from Etsy.com's regular blog articles, anyone can check out the simple but elegant ideas and projects, from ice cream cone balloons, to party trays with a kick and - healthy ice cream sandwiches? Yup! That's right! And not a single crust in sight... http://www.etsy.com/storque/make/how-tuesday-party-planning-12762/
Be sure to read through the article for the different projects. Now for the easy part: pulling together the rest of your Ice Cream Party Extravaganza in no time at all!
Here are several terrific ideas, including my classic Cream Soda tutu design in Neapolitan ice cream colors http://www.danburylane.etsy.com/. Moms will love the ice cream soap party favors by http://www.storybooksoaps.etsy.com/. Don't forget the Thank Yous, and this sweet design by http://www.autumleah.etsy.com/ is a keeper. Now all you need is a complete party pack you can print at home by http://www.505design.etsy.com/ That was easy!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
I can hardly believe Summer is here already! It's the perfect time to launch a SECRET SUMMER TUTU GIVEAWAY! Read all about the details below, including how to enter and when the SECRET prize will be announced. It's a cinch!
While you're lounging poolside or surfing the web on your iphone during soccer practice, why not enter the SECRET SUMMER TUTU GIVEAWAY for a free tutu from Danbury Lane?
The catch? The SECRET prize will not be announced until June 30th, on the last day of the contest! I can tell you that it IS a tutu, and that the contest ends July 1st at midnight. Winner will be chosen by radom draw, and announced both here on Danbury Lane's blog and Danbury Lane's facebook page. That's all I can tell you!!!!
Here's how to enter:
So that's a total of up to 5 entries ladies! Like and tweet and comment away!
Lovely photo shows baby J. wearing the new "Sweet Streets" tutu! Photo by http://www.stillsbyhill.com/
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Being a new Mommy comes with lots of challenges. Among the most unsavory are the long nights, difficulty tackling basic household tasks like laundry, and let's face it- I do not miss changing diapers one bit. The little perks like dressing your new infant up in cute little outfits and baby's first steps do make up just a teeny-tiny bit for the not so easy moments.
- Ask around. Get recommendations for photographers in your area, and take a look at their website. Do you see images you like? Are they indoor or outdoor? Do you get a good feeling from the artist?
- Know your budget. Remember that some sessions come with prints or a cd, while others cover the session alone. Be reasonable about how much you are willing to spend before you fall in love with each and every adorable proof.
- Ask your photographer for her recommendations. Once you have chosen the artist you will be using, be sure to ask them what their tips are. Many will advise that you pick a time right after baby's nap for the photo session, and to use solid color clothing, rather than prints.
- If you are using a tutu for your baby girl's photo session, be sure to consider the color of the tutu and the setting. Many examples can be seen in my etsy store http://www.danburylane.etsy.com/ of pastel tutus photographed outdoors, and brightly colored tutus photographed indoors. Pastel colors can get washed out, and bright colors can overtake the photo, calling attention away from baby's face.
- Remember photos can be printed in sepia tones or black and white. The difference is amazing. Check out the two images of my neices above. Both are gorgeous images of the same girls, only the black and white version really calls attention to their sweet little faces.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Parties In Bloom on Etsy
LoraLeeLewis on Etsy
Danbury Lane on Etsy
The Trendy Butterfly on Etsy
The Trendy Butterfly on Etsy
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
There is a bit more that you can do to be certain your daughter's (or neice's) tutu is a perfect fit. Here are a few pointers to get great results quickly. You just might be glad you took a minute to read them! Happy Playtime!
*be sure your ballerina is wearing tight clothing- bulky clothes make for loose measurements
*pick a time when she's changing her clothes or getting dressed
*warm up the tape measure in your hand for a minute or two before measuring against her skin
*measure just below the belly button, against the skin, with no gaps
*squirmy girls are tough to measure- have her hold a toy, watch tv or stand in front of a mirror
*if you do not have a soft tape measure handy (meaning it is probably shoved between the sofa cushions by a resident toddler), a string will work in a pinch. Mark the string and then measure against a ruler
*be sure to overlap the ends of the tape or string in an ''X" shape, and your measurement is the point where they cross
*my tutu designs have elastic waists, so if you are not certain of your measurement, no worries! I can combine your measurement with her clothing size, and the clothing brand to get a perfect fit- with room to grow
*remember that girls grow quickly, but their waists do not. A baby wearing 6month clothing with a 16" waist can wear her tutu until she reaches up to a 20" waist- that's up to 3 or 4 years old!
Monday, June 6, 2011
By far my most popular seller, the Little Lola Ladybug tutu is perfect for baby's first birthday party. This design is a great choice for sweet portraits, either indoor or outdooor. The Ladybug theme is a great choice all year round, so many cute ideas are available for personalized invitations and decorations including birthday banner, cupcake toppers, etc. Last but not least, the handmade tutu for your Birthday girl's outfit. These bloomers by http://www.thesassysquirrel.etsy.com/ are a must have!
These are just a few of my favorite picks. Have fun putting together your own special event, and coordinate it all on Etsy.com in just one day! Have your new tutu at your door in less than 2 weeks time, and get ready to party!